Saturday, October 29, 2011

Favorite Palettes and Holidays??

It's been a week since my last update. I am sorry! Midterms were a killer this year. I studied for seven hours straight without moving! I never did that in my entire life... :\

A couple of my friends were asking me about the Naked Palette so I decided to write about that and some of my other favorite palettes. I absolutely love the Naked Palette. I've been using it over a year now and it's the most useful palette that I have in my collection. It's perfect for the working woman. The colors are mostly neutral, but there's a couple that you can use to create the smokey eye and go out at night. The pigmentation on the colors are good as well. It shows up really well on my skin tone and it's pretty. :] I bought it for my sister for her birthday and she loves it too. Also, I love browns. :] The Naked Palette was the thing that got me interested in Urban Decay and I've been exploring their products ever since. The palette came with the eyeliner a year ago. I'm not sure what it comes with now. I think they may have changed it or may have not! The eyeliner was really smooth and creamy, but it doesn't run down your face and make it look like you have raccoon eyes. I'm not sure if it's my concealer or just my skin type, but some eyeliners (even with eye primer) runs down my face by the end of the day. I've found about two pencil eyeliners that doesn't do that and one of them is Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil.
For some reason the color to the left of "Toasted" came out to be green in this lighting. It's not green. It's a dark brown.  



 



Another eyeshadow palette that I got was from Smashbox. I love this one too. However, the colors are more varied, but the pigmentation comes out better than the Naked Palette. Nevertheless, the colors for both of the palette come out really well. I've used the Smashbox Palette longer than I've used the Naked Palette. It was the first palette that I ever got, well the one that my sister got for me. It came with eye primer and mascara-- none which I particularly liked that much. I love Urban Decay's eye primer. Out of all the eye primers I've used, it wins for me.
It also comes with guides to do a particular look. The one that's showing is my favorite. It's a smokey grey with pink tones. I love it. Smashbox came out with a new holiday palette, which I really wanted to try, but I got the Lorac one instead.(Although I might cave in to buying the new holiday palette because the colors are so pretty!) I like trying new products and seeing what I like best out of all the products. It can get confusing because there's so many good products out there, but hopefully my trial and errors can help you out! :]

2 comments:

  1. I love your post! helennnn should I get it?
    The naked palette comes with the brushes now though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! get it! I recommend that you get it :] it's really useful!! and besides, if you go back to korea, you won't be able to get it!! :((

    ReplyDelete