Sunday, October 23, 2011

GOODIES!

I was browsing through Sephora's website and I found a couple of great items that I wanted to check out. A typical weekend for me? Shopping at the mall. It's literally 10 minutes away from my house-- doesn't help to be frugal. There was a bunch of great things and I was literally torn between two holiday sets. I love holiday palettes! It was between Lorac and Smashbox, two good companies that I really like. I've gotten a palette from Smashbox before and I loved it. The pigmentation show up really well on my skin and so of course I wanted it. However, I was browsing (which I should never do when I have something in mind to buy) and I found myself in front of Lorac. The holiday set is amazing. It includes two palettes-- a night and day palette plus it comes with a huge case of bronzer and two lip gloss and it was only six dollars more than the Smashbox palette. But, the colors were different and I preferred the colors on the Smashbox, but the Lorac was a better deal and it doesn't help that my friends were convincing me to buy the Lorac one. :]

















It came in a jewelry box. Pretty cute!























I also bought this makeup remover from Clinque. I love their "take the day off" line especially the eye remover so I decided to give this balm a try. It's a balm but as you rub it on your face, it becomes an oil fluid that just melts your makeup off. I have pretty dry skin and so the makeup remover wipes that I've been using from Target has been making my skin dry out especially since it's getting colder now. I decided to give this a try. I originally wanted to try oil based makeup remover from Boscia, but that only took the face makeup off. The Clinque takes off both face and eye makeup and it works like a charm. I only used a little bit and it took my face off. :] You guys should try it out!

3 comments:

  1. How well does that Clinique remover take off eye makeup? cuz I use Shu Uemura cleansing oil remover sometimes (when I'm wearing a lot of makeup) but it doesn't take my eye makeup very well. It'd be great to have something that takes everything off in one go!

    Well I think the Korean street brands are generally better than the drugstore brands back home too EXCEPT for skincare and mascara... also I think it's just packaging and the extra goodies they give you that's better =p

    I teach English in Korea ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, does it take waterproof makeup and mascara off too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cool! I wanted to do that as well, but I'm still in school~ :(

    The Clinque remover is amazing. I really wanted to test it out so I tried putting on multiple coats of two different waterproof mascara and it removed all of it without any residue. You should try it out! It's really good! :]

    ReplyDelete