Monday, November 7, 2011

North to South

Luckily, I get to travel a bit from time to time whenever I have the free time. This summer (yes, it's almost winter!) I got the privilege to go to New York and Virginia. These are a few of my favorite places to dine and some of my favorite foods that I always eat whenever I go visit!


Donuts Galore!
Country Style Donuts- By far the greatest tasting donuts I have ever tasted in my entire life.

Warm Krispy Kreme Donuts
While in Virginia, I got to visit Washington D.C. Boy, I fell in love with the city. I went to the famous Georgetown Cupcake and got myself a red velvet cupcake. The line was outside of the store, but I didn't wait that long. Taste wise, I like my Muddy's, but it was pretty good! I loved the neighborhood there. It was a bit confusing at first, but it was great. I'd love to go back and visit again and spend more time there... Hmm... cherry blossoms in the spring?? :]
  
Red Velvet
Sweet Frog

Another favorite - Frozen yogurt! As you can see by my beastly creation, I love Fruity Pebbles + frozen yogurt.
I love this place. Nothing left to say except it's too bad they don't have one here.


 Sunday Brunch time! It was my first time trying a Bloody Mary. It was pretty good. I love celery and tomato juice, so it was perfect. I forgot the name of the restaurant, but I do remember they had little trivia cards while we waited for our table. It was pretty fun and a cool little place. I would definitely go back.



New York New York!

Fondue with white chocolate and milk chocolate
I didn't get to go to all my favorite places nor did I get to take pictures while in New York this summer. I always tend to forget because I've been there so many times. But this is one of my favorite places to go to-- Max Brenners near Union Square. I love their dessert waffles and fondue!

This banana dessert waffle


Paris Baguette
 The best part of the summer in New York are the Korean bakeries and their seasonal desserts. This is called Patbingsoo and it has shaved ice, mochi, fruits, ice cream, and sweet red bean. Basically, what you do is mix everything together like Bibimbap and eat it. It is the best on a really hot day especially in New York. It's so goooooood! I love it. Too bad they only sell it in the summer. I would totally go get one when I visit this winter.
Paris Baguette
Back Home- in search for the best BBQ.
After visiting these exciting places, I got to thinking, what is particular to this area? The answer to that question is... Barbeque and donuts. It's the south-- what do you expect?! The Bbq here is amazing. I have yet to try every Bbq place, but one of the few that I've tried and that I've loved is this place called Corky's.

Onion Loaf from Corky's
 
Ribs
 
pulled pork with cole slaw and beans
I'm making myself hungry by posting all these pictures. Whenever you get the chance, you guys should check these places out. I love trying new foods and new restaurants! Any suggestions-- please tell me! :] Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment