Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Say it with me, Dubonnet- "DOO BOH NEH"

Summer has passed and now it's time for fall. When I think of fall, I think of red lipstick. Does that make sense? I'm really random. So, what do I do? Go on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick. I spent hours at Sephora. Not that I don't do that already on the weekends, but this was a particular case. I tried on the Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Intense in Moulin Rouge. It wasn't the right color for me. Then I moved on to Clinque's set of lipstick. I'm not sure what I tried on, but it was a range of colors that resembled the Moulin Rouge. After probably hours at Sephora, I tried the MAC counter at Macy's. BINGO! I found the perfect red shade for my skin tone and lips. I absolutely love it. I took a picture of it. Don't mind the retarded heart. The only art I'm good at is using the face as a canvas and putting make up on it. :] You guys should check it out and try it! I would like to say that it goes well with Asian skin tones. All the other red lipsticks I tried made me look like a ghost because of the high pigmentation, but then again, it's red lipstick.

I put the lipstick on with a lip brush from Sonia Kashuk from Target. It was way too pigmented for my taste so I blotted it with tissue until it got to that color. As for the eyes, I didn't want to go too smokey so that it would drain out the color of my lips-- winged tips for a little cat eye and some false lashes. For some reason, I don't like wearing full false lashes. I just like the ones that you glue on the end of the eyes. It looks more natural. So, how about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment