Saturday, February 4, 2012

Perfect Valentines Day Kiss

This post is dedicated to my best friend in the whole wide world. :]

A couple of weeks ago, I went on a craze for lipstick. I bought 6 different shades of lipstick-- some of which I ended up loving and others were eh...

The list: Loreal's Fairest Nude, MAC's Full Speed, NYX's Fig, Circe, and B52, and Loreal's Colour Riche Balm.

















I'm ready for the spring! Even though the weather feels like spring, I'm still nervous that the weather here is be fickle minded and change for the worse-- colder. It seems like this spring, its all about the nauticals, florals, and bright colors! I loveeee! So, a few weeks ago, I was in the neighborhood of MAC, and I picked up a color that I thought was wearable for spring 2012. At first, I wanted a coral/orange color, but there wasn't one that I liked so I picked up MAC's Sheen Supreme in Full Speed.

Full Speed

I love the texture of this lip color. It doesn't dry out my lips and it's really shiny and pigmented, which I love. It's the perfect pink for spring and I'm super excited to wear this out!

















I was watching one of my favorite Youtube makeup gurus, when I stumbled upon Loreal's Fairest Nude. I've been in search for the perfect nude lip color that doesn't entirely wash out my lips. When I found this lip color, I was super excited because it (in theory) was the perfect lip color I was looking for. It turns out, that it WAS the perfect nude color I was looking for. I've been wearing it almost every day since I bought it. It works with anything and you can use this as a base and put a pop of color on top of the lipstick and it still works.

Fairest Nude




I was reluctant to buy these NYX lipsticks. I didn't know what color it would turn out to be and for some reason I thought they would dry out your lips. The colors did turn out differently than I expected, but the texture of these lip colors... Wow. I was surprised. It's moisturizing and creamy, but as time passes, I noticed that it did dry out a little bit and you could see my cracked lips! :( But, for the price I paid for them, I thought it was worth it. I just wish I could have tried out the colors before I bought them. I wish my Ulta would restock the NYX section... :T I've been asking for weeks to see if they restocked and every time I get a different answer.

Fig, Circe, B52
I got the color Circe thinking it would be a pretty nude color, but it wasn't. It makes me look like I have foundation all over my lips. I decided I'm going to use it as a base to nude out a lot of my other bright lip colors that I have.



For quite awhile, Revlon's Lip Butters were the hot deal. I got two of them and I liked them, but at the same time it wasn't what I expected. The one that I got, Peach Parfait, had bits of glitter in them and it didn't help to hydrate my lips as I expected too. I was at CVS when I saw that Loreal was having a sale. I saw that they had come out with something that was similar to Revlon's Lip Butters-- Loreal Colour Riche Balm. I decided to give it a try. It's super duper hydrating. I feel like I have Vaseline on my lips. If you don't like that feeling, you probably won't like this, but I use Vaseline as my lip balm so I'm used to it. As far as the "Colour Riche part" it's not really rich in color. The color is super light and doesn't really show up, but I like it because it's so hydrating!

Caring Coral




Here are some swatches on my arm:

From Left to Right: Caring Coral, Full Speed, Fig, Circe, B52, Fairest Nude




To end, I gave myself a makeover with spring in mind... :] I used the MAC lip color, but for some reason my camera didn't give it enough justice.

Products:
Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation - Sand
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder - Medium
MAC Sheertone blush - Pink Swoon
BareMinerals - Faux Tan
Milani Liquif'eye - Black
Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner - Perversion
Fairydrops Mascara
A mix of eyeshadows from The Naked Palette and a Lorac Palette
NYX falsh lash - 113
MAC Sheen Supreme - Full Speed
Circle Lens in brown that I got from Korea










                                 






No comments:

Post a Comment